A page for reflection and sharing within the A-period Algebra II class.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer Vacation!

It is always fun to come back to school in September and share stories about your summer vacation. Let's share a special moment with the class - and get to know each other.

This August, I spent three weeks in Australia and New Zealand. It was a life-long dream of mine to snorkle the Great Barrier Reef, and I was blown away by the wonderous life that I experienced there. Not only did I see hundreds of different types of fish, many types of coral, and find Nemo, but I got to swim with the Minke whales. They are about 24 feet long and they swam within ten feet of me. I cannot begin to describe the feeling of being in the water with these creatures, and will forever remember it. On land, I saw kangaroo (ate some too), koalas, crocodile (ate some of that as well) and many different types of birds. In New Zealand, I traveled across the Southern Alps and saw more sheep than I saw humans! Overall, it was a wonderful vacation and I cannot wait to go back for more.

Please comment and share your summer vacation with the rest of the class.

18 comments:

  1. I started off the summer in Indiana at camp for three weeks and learned to wakeboard. Then i went to Sun Valley, Idaho and did some ridiculous 45 mile mountain biking. then i went to Joshua tree and did a 250 ft free climb. It was a wonderful summer and i had lots of fun.

    P.S.
    Ms. Myers you should create a twitter account and post the homework's on it so that people with iphones and tech savvy people can be notified whenever you put something up. also i just realized it says my name is Joe its not its hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer wasn't what I expected to be, but it was a great time to relax, and catch up on all that sleep I missed from school. For the most of my summer break, I went to South Korea to hang out with friends, eat good food, and sleep ALOT as stated above!

    Also, I had time to do what I do best: Staying on couch while flipping the TV remote!

    Your so lucky you went to Australia!

    ~ Won Jae ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer was not that great but the highlight of my summer was going to Europe. I went to Prague Krakow and Berlin. I went with 7 others from the school and also another school from Boston. Mr. Cho who is the History teacher is actually from the school in Boston that went with us. But other than going to Europe my summer was super boring and bad.
    -jessica appel-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed my summer. I went on a two week road trip through Zion, Yellowstone, and The Tetons with my family. I went to Santa Barbara, Palm Srpings, and Tahoe twice. My favorite trip was probably my first trip to Tahoe because I went with 6 of my friends from Prep. There, we went river rafting, tubing, swimming, and hung out. The other weeks were full of friends, relaxing, and reading.

    Rachel

    PS Australia sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer was really fun! I went to Arizona with my family. We stayed near Phoenix for a week, mainly relaxing. I also went to Big Bear and Palm Springs. When I was home, I read several books, watched TV, and enjoyed not going to school! I didn't do that much, but I had a great time.

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed summer a lot. I went to Korea to spend time with my family, and I also went to Hong Kong with my mom. I saw many korean friends and play many sports with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This summer was amazing! Besides hanging out with friends, i went to santa barbra and then mexico with my really close friend. We stayed in a condo in Puerto Vallarta and went for a week. I cannot wait for next summer!!
    -Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer was super lame. All I did was hang out with the same like, 10 friends and had volleyball practice at a way too early hour haha. The only good part was finally getting rid of my brother...

    But your blog is awesome!

    -Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to my country "KOREA".It was so great!!! I met my best friends. We did fun things!!
    I LOVE KOREA!!

    -SANG-HOON JUNG-

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will have to visit Korea some day - I bet it is very beautiful!

    Ms. Myers

    ReplyDelete
  11. My summer was filled with super constructive things :) I am part of the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps and I spent 2 weeks at Port Hueneme learning all about the seabees (the construction branch of the navy) It was actually really fun and I learned that Im a pretty good builder. I also competed in 2 judo tournaments over the summer. I took 3rd place at the Golden State Open in Pomona. It was super fun!!! and I also got to fight against Rhonda Roussey (she took 3rd for judo in the womens middleweight division in the olympics last year)My dog also had 10 puppies over the summer....they're alot of work, but theyre super cute. Now we're trying to sell them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. btw that last comment was by me...tiffany :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My summer...I went to CTY...slept...hated sumer reading...oh yeah and I went to hawaii!!!!! That's it.

    And in the future, should I post under my Google account, AIM, or stay anonymous?

    Posted by Daniel Y.

    ReplyDelete
  14. During my summer, I went to Georgia for ASA Nationals and I went to Hawaii to visit my cousin. I also had to watch my brother a lot, it was very tiring. A couple of weeks before school started, I went to the lake and went jet skiing. It was really fun.

    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear you went the Australia and new zealand for the summer and i have seen your photo. i can tell you truly had a great time. when i 1st went i was going in to the 8th grade n i loved it. but wen i went ... i went with a group called "People to People". n i was wondering did you go with tht same group or separate. bt n e ways i love it out there and still tlk to my home stay family in NZ, hoping that the daughter will cum out 2 stay with me this summer. now my summer of 09'...ummm it wasnt to bad. it was actually pretty good. maybe not as big as my last 2 bt its was pleasing. one thing that i love was when i went to UCLA[haha] and did a track and hurtle camp. Yes, it was hard. trust me i have never ran soo much n 1day n my life. bt it all payed off. oh i also wen up north 2 Stanford for my cuz graduation. at the moment i cant remember n e thing else beside frwends. =D

    -jasmineee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry this is really late but over my summer vacation i did alot of swimming. I had 3 workouts everyday and I had junior Lifeguards. the swim practice wasn't that fun but i had loads of fun at JG's because we got to go to Catalina.
    In August I went to yosemite which was fun but also very hot. :)

    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry I forgot to blog... Over the summer i did nothing but stay at home, play volley ball and hang out with friends. Cathy went on a few college trips so it was fun being with out her.

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete